Posted on September 01, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, 2017, american made, artisan, artisan fragrance, artisan perfume, beauty, Cedar, Chai, christi meshell, fine fragrance, fragrance, Fragrance of the month, Gourmand, high perfumery, house of matriarch, luxury, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, made in Seattle, made in USA, Maui, natural, natural fragrances, natural perfume, natural perfumes, niche, perfume, qvc, QVC Fragrance, Sandalwood, scent, Scent of the month, Seattle, Shawn Killinger, The Find with Shawn Killinger, top artisan perfumes, unisex, Vanilla
Posted on May 01, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, 2017, aesthetic, alchemy, aromatherapy, base notes, beauty mark, bespoke, best fragrances, Best Fragrances of 2017, blog, bonding, chemistry, create, Eauddeparfum, fruit, gourmand, heart, inspire, Joseph Sagone, luxury, onlineshop, plum, poem, poetry, soul, symphony, top colognes, Top Fragrance, Top Perfume, Top Unisex Perfume, Top Women's Perfume, Top Women's Perfume 2017, unisex, VANILLA
Posted on March 17, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
House of Matriarch reveals the costs associated with their HIGH PERFUMERY creations explaining why their fragrances for both men and women are more costly than designer scents.
1) QUALITY & COMPLEXITY OF BLENDS House of Matriarch perfumes are between 95 and 100 percent natural. Blends are very complex with between 100 and 300 individual notes. Many of the raw materials are scarce and highly valued - in the world of perfumery they are known as "noble materials". In comparing the market price on the commonly used essences of natural jasmine, rose and sandalwood against their synthetic replacements you will notice that those natural raw materials are on average 100x more expensive. Natural fixatives of ambergris, hyraceum and ambrette add an additional layer of luxury (and their associated cost) to the formula.
2) SUPERIOR DISTILLATE The ethanol used to create House of Matriarch perfumes is distilled from Washington grown, organic grapes in the copper still pictured below - it happens right here in Seattle at the famous Glass Distillery. Mass market perfumes are blended with industrially distilled corn alcohol with de-naturants added. (The real culprit behind most "perfume allergies") The distillate used to create our perfumes is 10x more expensive than regular "perfumers alcohol - it is pure enough for creating medicinal tinctures and for pharmaceutical compounding - it also considered Halal. Ethanol comprises up to 70% of the fragrance and is the secret for creating a perfume that improves with time, instead of degrading after a few years like mass produced fragrances. House of Matriarch perfumes are the only brand marked with the vintage year - because this kind of ethanol allows the perfume to improve with each passing year like a fine wine.
3) HANDMADE Matriarch perfumes are produced by hand in small batches and filled by our Pefumer by hand in Seattle, WA. Designer fragrances are made by machine; mostly in overseas factories with no personal touch. House of Matriarch offers a direct connection to the Perfumer - there are no other fragrance house involved - this is rare and special.
4) RELEVANCE EQUALS VALUE House of Matriarch perfumes do not smell like anything else on the market. There are no short-cuts or less expensive ways of achieving this level of relevance and distinctiveness without the materials and methods that we use to make our perfumes. Mark-up is slim compared to the designer brands who add thousands of percentage points to the actual cost of production to cover the costs of issuing countless free samples and to compensate expensive spokes models. This makes House of Matriarch perfumes a better VALUE than other perfumes.
5) WORTH THE PRICE Artisan perfumes are not for everyone - they are not simple toiletries - they are aimed at the connoisseur who is looking for an elevated fragrance experience and who expects to pay more for the qualities our perfumes embody. Many people who cannot wear conventional fragrances due to allergies find House of Matriarch perfumes delightful. In this case, the price informs the customer of the quality they can expect when they experience our fragrances.
As always, let your nose decide!
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, allergies, american made, apothecary, aroma, artisan fragrance, artisan perfume, artisan perfumes, artist, better with time, christi meshell, costly, distillation, distinctive, epicurean, essence, essential oils, ethanol, exotic, expensive, fine fragrance, fragrance, fragrance house, halal beauty, halal perfumes, high perfumery, luxury, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, made in Seattle, made in USA, magic, manufacturer, more expensive, natural perfume, natural perfume manufacturer, nature, new perfume, niche, noble, organic, perfume, price point, raw materials, Top Men's Perfumes 2017, Top Perfumes 2017, Top Women's Perfumes 2017
Posted on March 15, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
In celebration of the 7th Anniversary of ÇaFleureBon, eight perfumers were invited to create perfumes drawing inspiration from a brief written by the blog's founder and Editor in Chief, Michelyn Camen. Her request called for a perfume powerful enough to attract good fortune and ward off negativity - even the dreaded curse of the "evil eye". House of Matriarch created ANTIMONY in response to Michelyn's brief.
Charred frankincense, kewra, henna, Palo Santo, galangal, sandalwood ashes, spikenard, ghee, copal, oud and precious attars of mitti, kadam and rose have all been used to create enchanted cosmetics throughout history. They are all notes used in the formulation of this beautiful talismanic perfume which contains exactly 111 individual notes. Subtle by design, exotic florals push up from a primitive base to bloom on your skin as they emanate like an ancient wisp of fine bakhoor.
These ancient aromas transport the wearer like a magic carpet to a dimension where cosmetics have magical purposes - the very essence of "a glamour." A nod to a forgotten lifetime when eye shadow was compounded from powdered minerals, oils and the ashes of incense and applied by a shaman or priestess or in wealthy kingdoms, a Court Perfumer.
The minerals antimony and malachite have been among those used around the eyes throughout time due to their reflective properties - they ricochet bad vibes like mirrors. Since they are considered toxic (the alchemists would argue otherwise) they have been banned from use in cosmetics. Mystics and folk healers around the world still use them for their prehistorical purposes in treating ailments of mind and spirit and for compounding sacred cosmetics.
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, agarwood, alchemy, aloeswood, american made, ancient, Art and Perfume, artisan, artisan fragrance, artisan perfumes, beauty, beauty path, beauty will save the world, cafleurebon, christi meshell, conceptual fragrance, creative, egypt, fragrance, fragrance launch, healing, high perfumery, incense, indie, indie perfumer, limited edition, made in Seattle, made in USA, magic, meaningful luxury, mens fragrance, myrrh, mystic, mystical, natural essences, natural fragrances, natural perfume, niche, noble, palo santo, perfume, perfumery, seattle, shop, talisman, TALISMANIC, washington, west coast, worldsbestperfumes
Posted on March 09, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
More than 30% of women and nearly 40% of men have SPECIFIC ANOSMIA - olfactory blind spots which impact their evaluation of fragrances.
Now you can put your olfactory sense to the test to discover what you may be missing with the first of it's kind PERFUME SPECIFIC ANOSMIA TEST PANEL compiled by our Perfumer Christi Meshell. The panel tests your detection of eight common anosmic materials commonly found in fine fragrances that could be affecting your perfume evaluations and creations. Most are base notes, all are cruelty free and the kit employs both natural and synthetic materials.
Once you learn your results, the remainder of your sample can be used to train your nose to more effectively detect the odors you had difficulty smelling - or perhaps couldn't smell at all. There have been amazing clinical successes in decreasing 'thresholds of detection' in both men and women who have used this method to increase their sensitivity to aromas that were previously a challenge to detect.
For those who take smelling seriously, this panel is a must! Brand owners, creative directors and fragrance critics can now be sure they are among the 60% who can "smell it all" before they begin impressing their ideas and creations onto the rest of the smelling world!
The economically priced kit includes an email consultation with Christi regarding your results after your test is complete. Score perfect results and you will receive a "Perfect Nose" certificate which you can proudly share on your website or blog.
*DISCLAIMER: This panel is for fun, education and self discovery - results do not constitute a medical diagnosis, nor is there a guarantee that improvement in olfaction will result from studying with this kit. All results are being kept confidential.
Posted in 100% natural, 2017, anosmia, aroma, aromatherapy, arrtisan, art, Art and Perfume, artist, base notes, beauty, Best Fragrances of 2017, Blog, fragrance, kit, marketing, olfaction, olfactory, panel, perfume, smell test, Social Media, test, test kit, Top Men's Perfumes 2017, Top Perfume, Top Perfumes 2017, Top Unisex Perfumes 2017, Top Women's Perfumes 2017
Posted on November 01, 2016 by Matriarch Blog
Incense is the "original perfume" - the life breath of poets, dreamers and mystics around the world. Enjoy these burnable 100% natural versions of our most popular perfumes. Cast the perfect mood or perfume yourself with a smoke bath. Primitive - and sensual.
Most people don't have the time for (or want the mess of) burning charcoals to enjoy a pure, authentic incense experience. Cones travel easily, burn cleanly and are as potent as dropping raw incense onto an ember. You will experience a noticeable effect not found with conventional ready to burn incenses due to the mild psychoactive nature of the essences.
Our incense is 100% natural - purists will recognize the quality and authenticity of our ingredients immediately. They are extra potent, clean burning and safer than conventional incense for pets and children who share your environment.
Previously containing 24 cones, now we include 33 cones per batch in our gorgeous copper tins.
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, african, aloeswood, amber, american made, ancient, apothecary, aromatherapy, artisan, artisan fragrance, artisan perfume, balsam, black No1, By Popular Demand, cedar, coco blanc, copal, Devotion, devotional, eagleswood, eaglewood, egypt, energy, enhance meditation, essential oils, exotic, fifth sense, fine fragrance, finefragrance, fragrance, frankincense, handmade, house of matriarch, incense, indie brand, lignaloes, luxury fragrance, magic, myrrh, mystic, mystical, natural essences, natural perfume, nature is the ultimate luxury, niche fragrance, oud, Pacific Northwest, palo santo, perfume house, pinon pine, raw materials, ritual, sacred, Salish Sea, sandal, sandalwood, sandalwood perfumes, Seattle fragrance brand, spiritual, travel, vanilla, washington, west coast
Posted on May 20, 2016 by Matriarch Blog
Hailed by Gardenia Girl:
"Gorgeous!!! Forget everything you know about lavender from mainstream scents or even real botanical essences, and just try this. It is guaranteed to blow you away. (*From someone who until now felt "meh" about lavender) Enter light parting clouds and shining on this scent, you might say this was my 'Epiphany' moment of lavender."
Grown and distilled in Washington (Hidcote pink EO & blue and white lavender concretes) champaca, tobacco, amber, lily enfleurage, pepper, honey, coriander, sandalwood, oakmoss. This Organic lavender oud provides structure, yet remains subtle.
Posted in 100% natural, amber, blog, champaca, chypre, coriander, distilled, eaudeparfum, epiphany, honey, lavender, lily enfleurage, oakmoss, onlineshop, organic, pepper, sandalwood, scent, tobacco, Top Fragrance, Top Perfume 2017, Top Women's Perfume 2017, washington
COPYRIGHT 2008-2018 Christi Meshell. All rights Reserved by Christi Meshell and Matriarch, LLC. House of Matriarch is a Registered Trademark owned by Christi Meshell.