Posted on February 13, 2018 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in collaboration, summer, summer scents, summerfragrance, Timmy Vangtan, top 10, top artisan perfumes, top colognes, Top Fragrance, top fragrances, Top Men's Perfume, Top Men's Perfume 2017, Top Men's Perfumes 2017, Top Perfume 2017, Toukka, Toukka Ta Tao, toukkatatao
Posted on March 17, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
House of Matriarch reveals the costs associated with their HIGH PERFUMERY creations explaining why their fragrances for both men and women are more costly than designer scents.
1) QUALITY & COMPLEXITY OF BLENDS House of Matriarch perfumes are between 95 and 100 percent natural. Blends are very complex with between 100 and 300 individual notes. Many of the raw materials are scarce and highly valued - in the world of perfumery they are known as "noble materials". In comparing the market price on the commonly used essences of natural jasmine, rose and sandalwood against their synthetic replacements you will notice that those natural raw materials are on average 100x more expensive. Natural fixatives of ambergris, hyraceum and ambrette add an additional layer of luxury (and their associated cost) to the formula.
2) SUPERIOR DISTILLATE The ethanol used to create House of Matriarch perfumes is distilled from Washington grown, organic grapes in the copper still pictured below - it happens right here in Seattle at the famous Glass Distillery. Mass market perfumes are blended with industrially distilled corn alcohol with de-naturants added. (The real culprit behind most "perfume allergies") The distillate used to create our perfumes is 10x more expensive than regular "perfumers alcohol - it is pure enough for creating medicinal tinctures and for pharmaceutical compounding - it also considered Halal. Ethanol comprises up to 70% of the fragrance and is the secret for creating a perfume that improves with time, instead of degrading after a few years like mass produced fragrances. House of Matriarch perfumes are the only brand marked with the vintage year - because this kind of ethanol allows the perfume to improve with each passing year like a fine wine.
3) HANDMADE Matriarch perfumes are produced by hand in small batches and filled by our Pefumer by hand in Seattle, WA. Designer fragrances are made by machine; mostly in overseas factories with no personal touch. House of Matriarch offers a direct connection to the Perfumer - there are no other fragrance house involved - this is rare and special.
4) RELEVANCE EQUALS VALUE House of Matriarch perfumes do not smell like anything else on the market. There are no short-cuts or less expensive ways of achieving this level of relevance and distinctiveness without the materials and methods that we use to make our perfumes. Mark-up is slim compared to the designer brands who add thousands of percentage points to the actual cost of production to cover the costs of issuing countless free samples and to compensate expensive spokes models. This makes House of Matriarch perfumes a better VALUE than other perfumes.
5) WORTH THE PRICE Artisan perfumes are not for everyone - they are not simple toiletries - they are aimed at the connoisseur who is looking for an elevated fragrance experience and who expects to pay more for the qualities our perfumes embody. Many people who cannot wear conventional fragrances due to allergies find House of Matriarch perfumes delightful. In this case, the price informs the customer of the quality they can expect when they experience our fragrances.
As always, let your nose decide!
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, allergies, american made, apothecary, aroma, artisan fragrance, artisan perfume, artisan perfumes, artist, better with time, christi meshell, costly, distillation, distinctive, epicurean, essence, essential oils, ethanol, exotic, expensive, fine fragrance, fragrance, fragrance house, halal beauty, halal perfumes, high perfumery, luxury, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, made in Seattle, made in USA, magic, manufacturer, more expensive, natural perfume, natural perfume manufacturer, nature, new perfume, niche, noble, organic, perfume, price point, raw materials, Top Men's Perfumes 2017, Top Perfumes 2017, Top Women's Perfumes 2017
Posted on March 09, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
More than 30% of women and nearly 40% of men have SPECIFIC ANOSMIA - olfactory blind spots which impact their evaluation of fragrances.
Now you can put your olfactory sense to the test to discover what you may be missing with the first of it's kind PERFUME SPECIFIC ANOSMIA TEST PANEL compiled by our Perfumer Christi Meshell. The panel tests your detection of eight common anosmic materials commonly found in fine fragrances that could be affecting your perfume evaluations and creations. Most are base notes, all are cruelty free and the kit employs both natural and synthetic materials.
Once you learn your results, the remainder of your sample can be used to train your nose to more effectively detect the odors you had difficulty smelling - or perhaps couldn't smell at all. There have been amazing clinical successes in decreasing 'thresholds of detection' in both men and women who have used this method to increase their sensitivity to aromas that were previously a challenge to detect.
For those who take smelling seriously, this panel is a must! Brand owners, creative directors and fragrance critics can now be sure they are among the 60% who can "smell it all" before they begin impressing their ideas and creations onto the rest of the smelling world!
The economically priced kit includes an email consultation with Christi regarding your results after your test is complete. Score perfect results and you will receive a "Perfect Nose" certificate which you can proudly share on your website or blog.
*DISCLAIMER: This panel is for fun, education and self discovery - results do not constitute a medical diagnosis, nor is there a guarantee that improvement in olfaction will result from studying with this kit. All results are being kept confidential.
Posted in 100% natural, 2017, anosmia, aroma, aromatherapy, arrtisan, art, Art and Perfume, artist, base notes, beauty, Best Fragrances of 2017, Blog, fragrance, kit, marketing, olfaction, olfactory, panel, perfume, smell test, Social Media, test, test kit, Top Men's Perfumes 2017, Top Perfume, Top Perfumes 2017, Top Unisex Perfumes 2017, Top Women's Perfumes 2017
Posted on February 09, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in Bonding through Scent, Euphoria, fragrance house, gender, gender neutral, GIFT, Gift Ideas, gifting, Gifts for her, GIFTS FOR HIM, gifts for men, intimacy, natural essences, natural fragrances, natural perfume, perfumes for lovers, scent bond, shared, shared fragrance, shared fragrances, Shared Scents, Top Men's Perfumes 2017, Top Perfume, Top Perfumes 2017, Top Unisex Perfumes 2017, Top Women's Perfumes 2017, unisex, Unisex Perfume, Valentine's Day
Posted on January 09, 2016 by Matriarch Blog
A private label fragrance can elevate and distinguish your brand while creating new revenue streams and an ongoing legacy for your brand story. From ultra-exclusive specialty runs to wide scale production, our Perfumer Christi Meshell offers exceptional fine fragrance and flavor creation for independent brands and artists.
As an independent House free of the usual industry confines, we offer our clients the rare opportunity to work directly with our Perfumer from start to finish. This allows for a true co-creation of your fragrance or flavor in accordance with the vision you hold for your brand and the project.
Posted in american made, aromatherapy, artisan, artisan fragrance, artisan perfume, artisan perfumes, artist, atelier, bespoke, brand, christi meshell, collaboration, conceptual fragrance, craft distillation, custom fragrance, design, fifth sense, fine fragrance, flavor, formulate, fragrance, fragrance creation, fragrance design, fragrance house, fragrance launch, high perfumery, house of matriarch, indie brands, indie perfume, indie perfumer, label, limited edition, locally sourced, luxury, luxury perfume, made in USA, manufacturer, manufacturing, natural, natural essences, natural fragrances, natural perfume, natural perfume manufacturer, new brands, new luxury brand, northwest, nose, perfume, perfume house, personal blend, personalized perfume, private, private blend, private label fragrance, scent branding, seattle, seattle fragrance, seattle perfume, top artisan perfumes, Top Men's Perfumes 2017, Top Perfume, top perfumes, Top Perfumes 2017, Top Unisex Perfumes 2017, Top Women's Perfumes 2017, ultimate luxury, united states, washington
COPYRIGHT 2008-2018 Christi Meshell. All rights Reserved by Christi Meshell and Matriarch, LLC. House of Matriarch is a Registered Trademark owned by Christi Meshell.