Posted on July 04, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in Alan Berdjis, american made, artisan, artisan fragrance, Beverly Hills Perfumery, christi meshell, fragrance, fragrance house, house of matriarch, luxury perfume, made in Seattle, matriarch, meaningful luxury, natural, natural perfume, nature is the ultimate luxury, perfume, top artisan perfumes, unisex, Wilshire Blvd
Posted on July 02, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in 100% natural perfume, albatross, artisan, beauty, christi meshell, fragrance, fragrance house, high perfumery, house of matriarch, Jeremy, luxury, luxury perfume, made in USA, matriarch, natural, natural fragrances, niche, perfume, scent, Scentrepreneur, top artisan perfumes, topfragrances, unisex
Posted on June 20, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in american made, artisan, artisan perfumes, beauty, Black No1, christi meshell, fine fragrance, fragrance, high perfumery, house of matriarch, Imagine Scent, leather, luxury, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, made in USA, matriarch, meaningful luxury, natural, natural fragrances, natural perfume, natural perfumes, niche, perfume, scent, Seattle, Timmy Vangtan, top 10, top artisan perfumes, unisex, Unisex Fragrance
Posted on May 21, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
House of Matriarch is pleased to announce what Perfumer Christi Meshell is calling one of the "most exciting projects" she has ever released.
SEATTLE, WA: 25 years have passed since Laura Palmer, the troubled coquette who worked at the perfume counter of Horne's Department Store in David Lynch's Twin Peaks, made her impression on the minds and hearts of an entire generation. Since, the resounding echoes and haunting chords of the soundtrack have kept her memory and the mysteries surrounding her death brewing in the collective consciousness. They also ignited the creative inspiration for a collection of perfumes both "wonderful and strange".
Residing near the Snoqualmie Forest where the series was filmed, our Perfumer has a deep knowing of how the dark woods depicted in the series would smell. In a video of Angelo Badalamenti, the composer of the famous soundtrack, he recounts the story of how he and David Lynch sat together at his piano to co-compose the soundtrack. As she followed along, Christi began to imagine the aromas which seemed to accompany the famous question still being asked: "Who killed Laura Palmer?"
LIMITED EDITION - VINTAGE 2017
13% of the proceeds from the sale of the Wonderful & Strange Liquid Music Collection of Twin Peaks perfume will be donated to The David Lynch Foundation for consciousness-based education and world peace.
Posted in 100% natural perfume, 25 years, A World of Blue, Agent Cooper, Angelo Badalamenti, art, balsam, blue lotus, Blue velvet, Celebrity Perfume, Charity, Christi Meshell, cinema, collection, collectors, Cologne, compose, copaiba, create, David Lynch, David Lynch Foundation, deerstongue, Education, Enchanted forest, enchanted forests, energy, enhance meditation, essence, Evergreens, exclusive, experience, Falls, Film, Fire Walk With Me, Forest, fragrance, fragrance creation, fragrance design, fragrance ingredients, fragrance launch, Future's Past, gift, giving, Giving Back, Greater Consciousness, haunting, heartwood, heliotropin, high perfumary, highperfume, House of Matriarch, industry, innovative, iris, Laura Palmer, leather, limited edition, liquid music, Liquid Music Trio, Love, luxury, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, luxury perfumes, Lynchian, made in Seattle, made in USA, magic, masterpiece, matriarch, meaningful luxury, melancholy, memories, men perfumes, mens fragrance, mens perfume 2017, Mill, Music, Mystery, mystic, mystical, natural, natural essences, natural fragrances, Natural oils, natural perfume, natural perfumes, NEW, Non-Profit, North Bend, olfactory, Organic, orris, oud, owl, Own feathers, Perfumary, Perfume, Project, rare, raw materials, red cedar, red perfumes, Salish Lodge, sandarac, Scent, scent and cinema, Seattle, shop, smell, Snoqualmie, Snoqualmie Forest, spooky, The Red Room, Tim Girvin, top perfumes, Twin Peaks, unisex, Unisex Fragrance, Waterfall, western red cedar, Who killed Laura Palmer?, Wonderful & Strange, Wonderful and Strange
Posted on April 21, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in A new world for Beauty, Achtung, agarwood, Albatross, alchemy, aloeswood, amber, ambergris, ambre vie, american made, ancient, apothecary, aroma, aromatherapy, art, artisan, artisan fragrance, artisan perfume, award winning, beauty, beauty will save the world, bellevue, best fall fragrances, best perfumes, better with time, cellar, cellared, cellaring perfumes, christi meshell, cobalt, coco blanc, cocoblanc, Copper, craft distillation, creative, discover, discover scent, distillery, eagleswood, eaglewood, En Tendre, Enchanted forest, enchanted forests, epicureanism, essential oils, essenza, experience, fabulous fragrances, fragrance house, glass distillery, glass vodka, indie brand, lavender, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, luxury perfumes, made in Seattle, made in usa, magic, manufacturer, natural essences, natural perfume, natural perfume manufacturer, natural perfumes, NEW, new brand, new brands, new colognes for men, niche, Nordstrom, Northwest Essence, olfaction, olfactory, perfume, sacred, Salish Sea, sandalwood, seattle, seattle fragrance, Seattle fragrance brand, seattle fragrance brands, seattle fragrance house, seattle perfume, shop, smell, smells good, SODO, stargazers, stockists, top artisan perfumes, top perfumes, top perfumes 2016, ultimate luxury, Unisex Perfume, united states, vanilla, visiting seattle, washington, west coast, worldsbestperfumes
Posted on March 17, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
House of Matriarch reveals the costs associated with their HIGH PERFUMERY creations explaining why their fragrances for both men and women are more costly than designer scents.
1) QUALITY & COMPLEXITY OF BLENDS House of Matriarch perfumes are between 95 and 100 percent natural. Blends are very complex with between 100 and 300 individual notes. Many of the raw materials are scarce and highly valued - in the world of perfumery they are known as "noble materials". In comparing the market price on the commonly used essences of natural jasmine, rose and sandalwood against their synthetic replacements you will notice that those natural raw materials are on average 100x more expensive. Natural fixatives of ambergris, hyraceum and ambrette add an additional layer of luxury (and their associated cost) to the formula.
2) SUPERIOR DISTILLATE The ethanol used to create House of Matriarch perfumes is distilled from Washington grown, organic grapes in the copper still pictured below - it happens right here in Seattle at the famous Glass Distillery. Mass market perfumes are blended with industrially distilled corn alcohol with de-naturants added. (The real culprit behind most "perfume allergies") The distillate used to create our perfumes is 10x more expensive than regular "perfumers alcohol - it is pure enough for creating medicinal tinctures and for pharmaceutical compounding - it also considered Halal. Ethanol comprises up to 70% of the fragrance and is the secret for creating a perfume that improves with time, instead of degrading after a few years like mass produced fragrances. House of Matriarch perfumes are the only brand marked with the vintage year - because this kind of ethanol allows the perfume to improve with each passing year like a fine wine.
3) HANDMADE Matriarch perfumes are produced by hand in small batches and filled by our Pefumer by hand in Seattle, WA. Designer fragrances are made by machine; mostly in overseas factories with no personal touch. House of Matriarch offers a direct connection to the Perfumer - there are no other fragrance house involved - this is rare and special.
4) RELEVANCE EQUALS VALUE House of Matriarch perfumes do not smell like anything else on the market. There are no short-cuts or less expensive ways of achieving this level of relevance and distinctiveness without the materials and methods that we use to make our perfumes. Mark-up is slim compared to the designer brands who add thousands of percentage points to the actual cost of production to cover the costs of issuing countless free samples and to compensate expensive spokes models. This makes House of Matriarch perfumes a better VALUE than other perfumes.
5) WORTH THE PRICE Artisan perfumes are not for everyone - they are not simple toiletries - they are aimed at the connoisseur who is looking for an elevated fragrance experience and who expects to pay more for the qualities our perfumes embody. Many people who cannot wear conventional fragrances due to allergies find House of Matriarch perfumes delightful. In this case, the price informs the customer of the quality they can expect when they experience our fragrances.
As always, let your nose decide!
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, allergies, american made, apothecary, aroma, artisan fragrance, artisan perfume, artisan perfumes, artist, better with time, christi meshell, costly, distillation, distinctive, epicurean, essence, essential oils, ethanol, exotic, expensive, fine fragrance, fragrance, fragrance house, halal beauty, halal perfumes, high perfumery, luxury, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, made in Seattle, made in USA, magic, manufacturer, more expensive, natural perfume, natural perfume manufacturer, nature, new perfume, niche, noble, organic, perfume, price point, raw materials, Top Men's Perfumes 2017, Top Perfumes 2017, Top Women's Perfumes 2017
Posted on March 15, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
In celebration of the 7th Anniversary of ÇaFleureBon, eight perfumers were invited to create perfumes drawing inspiration from a brief written by the blog's founder and Editor in Chief, Michelyn Camen. Her request called for a perfume powerful enough to attract good fortune and ward off negativity - even the dreaded curse of the "evil eye". House of Matriarch created ANTIMONY in response to Michelyn's brief.
Charred frankincense, kewra, henna, Palo Santo, galangal, sandalwood ashes, spikenard, ghee, copal, oud and precious attars of mitti, kadam and rose have all been used to create enchanted cosmetics throughout history. They are all notes used in the formulation of this beautiful talismanic perfume which contains exactly 111 individual notes. Subtle by design, exotic florals push up from a primitive base to bloom on your skin as they emanate like an ancient wisp of fine bakhoor.
These ancient aromas transport the wearer like a magic carpet to a dimension where cosmetics have magical purposes - the very essence of "a glamour." A nod to a forgotten lifetime when eye shadow was compounded from powdered minerals, oils and the ashes of incense and applied by a shaman or priestess or in wealthy kingdoms, a Court Perfumer.
The minerals antimony and malachite have been among those used around the eyes throughout time due to their reflective properties - they ricochet bad vibes like mirrors. Since they are considered toxic (the alchemists would argue otherwise) they have been banned from use in cosmetics. Mystics and folk healers around the world still use them for their prehistorical purposes in treating ailments of mind and spirit and for compounding sacred cosmetics.
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, agarwood, alchemy, aloeswood, american made, ancient, Art and Perfume, artisan, artisan fragrance, artisan perfumes, beauty, beauty path, beauty will save the world, cafleurebon, christi meshell, conceptual fragrance, creative, egypt, fragrance, fragrance launch, healing, high perfumery, incense, indie, indie perfumer, limited edition, made in Seattle, made in USA, magic, meaningful luxury, mens fragrance, myrrh, mystic, mystical, natural essences, natural fragrances, natural perfume, niche, noble, palo santo, perfume, perfumery, seattle, shop, talisman, TALISMANIC, washington, west coast, worldsbestperfumes
COPYRIGHT 2008-2020 Christi Meshell. All rights Reserved by Christi Meshell and Matriarch, LLC. House of Matriarch is a Registered Trademark owned by Christi Meshell. 9805 NE 116th # A-221 Kirkland, WA 98034