Posted on March 17, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
House of Matriarch reveals the costs associated with their HIGH PERFUMERY creations explaining why their fragrances for both men and women are more costly than designer scents.
1) QUALITY & COMPLEXITY OF BLENDS House of Matriarch perfumes are between 95 and 100 percent natural. Blends are very complex with between 100 and 300 individual notes. Many of the raw materials are scarce and highly valued - in the world of perfumery they are known as "noble materials". In comparing the market price on the commonly used essences of natural jasmine, rose and sandalwood against their synthetic replacements you will notice that those natural raw materials are on average 100x more expensive. Natural fixatives of ambergris, hyraceum and ambrette add an additional layer of luxury (and their associated cost) to the formula.
2) SUPERIOR DISTILLATE The ethanol used to create House of Matriarch perfumes is distilled from Washington grown, organic grapes in the copper still pictured below - it happens right here in Seattle at the famous Glass Distillery. Mass market perfumes are blended with industrially distilled corn alcohol with de-naturants added. (The real culprit behind most "perfume allergies") The distillate used to create our perfumes is 10x more expensive than regular "perfumers alcohol - it is pure enough for creating medicinal tinctures and for pharmaceutical compounding - it also considered Halal. Ethanol comprises up to 70% of the fragrance and is the secret for creating a perfume that improves with time, instead of degrading after a few years like mass produced fragrances. House of Matriarch perfumes are the only brand marked with the vintage year - because this kind of ethanol allows the perfume to improve with each passing year like a fine wine.
3) HANDMADE Matriarch perfumes are produced by hand in small batches and filled by our Pefumer by hand in Seattle, WA. Designer fragrances are made by machine; mostly in overseas factories with no personal touch. House of Matriarch offers a direct connection to the Perfumer - there are no other fragrance house involved - this is rare and special.
4) RELEVANCE EQUALS VALUE House of Matriarch perfumes do not smell like anything else on the market. There are no short-cuts or less expensive ways of achieving this level of relevance and distinctiveness without the materials and methods that we use to make our perfumes. Mark-up is slim compared to the designer brands who add thousands of percentage points to the actual cost of production to cover the costs of issuing countless free samples and to compensate expensive spokes models. This makes House of Matriarch perfumes a better VALUE than other perfumes.
5) WORTH THE PRICE Artisan perfumes are not for everyone - they are not simple toiletries - they are aimed at the connoisseur who is looking for an elevated fragrance experience and who expects to pay more for the qualities our perfumes embody. Many people who cannot wear conventional fragrances due to allergies find House of Matriarch perfumes delightful. In this case, the price informs the customer of the quality they can expect when they experience our fragrances.
As always, let your nose decide!
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, allergies, american made, apothecary, aroma, artisan fragrance, artisan perfume, artisan perfumes, artist, better with time, christi meshell, costly, distillation, distinctive, epicurean, essence, essential oils, ethanol, exotic, expensive, fine fragrance, fragrance, fragrance house, halal beauty, halal perfumes, high perfumery, luxury, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, made in Seattle, made in USA, magic, manufacturer, more expensive, natural perfume, natural perfume manufacturer, nature, new perfume, niche, noble, organic, perfume, price point, raw materials, Top Men's Perfumes 2017, Top Perfumes 2017, Top Women's Perfumes 2017
Posted on March 15, 2017 by Matriarch Blog
In celebration of the 7th Anniversary of ÇaFleureBon, eight perfumers were invited to create perfumes drawing inspiration from a brief written by the blog's founder and Editor in Chief, Michelyn Camen. Her request called for a perfume powerful enough to attract good fortune and ward off negativity - even the dreaded curse of the "evil eye". House of Matriarch created ANTIMONY in response to Michelyn's brief.
Charred frankincense, kewra, henna, Palo Santo, galangal, sandalwood ashes, spikenard, ghee, copal, oud and precious attars of mitti, kadam and rose have all been used to create enchanted cosmetics throughout history. They are all notes used in the formulation of this beautiful talismanic perfume which contains exactly 111 individual notes. Subtle by design, exotic florals push up from a primitive base to bloom on your skin as they emanate like an ancient wisp of fine bakhoor.
These ancient aromas transport the wearer like a magic carpet to a dimension where cosmetics have magical purposes - the very essence of "a glamour." A nod to a forgotten lifetime when eye shadow was compounded from powdered minerals, oils and the ashes of incense and applied by a shaman or priestess or in wealthy kingdoms, a Court Perfumer.
The minerals antimony and malachite have been among those used around the eyes throughout time due to their reflective properties - they ricochet bad vibes like mirrors. Since they are considered toxic (the alchemists would argue otherwise) they have been banned from use in cosmetics. Mystics and folk healers around the world still use them for their prehistorical purposes in treating ailments of mind and spirit and for compounding sacred cosmetics.
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, agarwood, alchemy, aloeswood, american made, ancient, Art and Perfume, artisan, artisan fragrance, artisan perfumes, beauty, beauty path, beauty will save the world, cafleurebon, christi meshell, conceptual fragrance, creative, egypt, fragrance, fragrance launch, healing, high perfumery, incense, indie, indie perfumer, limited edition, made in Seattle, made in USA, magic, meaningful luxury, mens fragrance, myrrh, mystic, mystical, natural essences, natural fragrances, natural perfume, niche, noble, palo santo, perfume, perfumery, seattle, shop, talisman, TALISMANIC, washington, west coast, worldsbestperfumes
Posted on November 10, 2016 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in alchemy, american made, aromatherapy, artisan, artisan perfume, beauty, christi meshell, correnspondences, crystals, Designer, essential oils, fragrance, healing, house of matriarch, incense, indie brand, intention, Intuitive, Kabbalah, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, made in USA, magic, magic perfumes, magical tables, Making Perfume, matriarch, mystic, natural, natural fragrances, natural perfume, niche, perfume, perfume house, Perfume Making, Perfumer, ritual, sacred, Seattle, top artisan perfumes, Top Perfumers
Posted on November 01, 2016 by Matriarch Blog
Incense is the "original perfume" - the life breath of poets, dreamers and mystics around the world. Enjoy these burnable 100% natural versions of our most popular perfumes. Cast the perfect mood or perfume yourself with a smoke bath. Primitive - and sensual.
Most people don't have the time for (or want the mess of) burning charcoals to enjoy a pure, authentic incense experience. Cones travel easily, burn cleanly and are as potent as dropping raw incense onto an ember. You will experience a noticeable effect not found with conventional ready to burn incenses due to the mild psychoactive nature of the essences.
Our incense is 100% natural - purists will recognize the quality and authenticity of our ingredients immediately. They are extra potent, clean burning and safer than conventional incense for pets and children who share your environment.
Previously containing 24 cones, now we include 33 cones per batch in our gorgeous copper tins.
Posted in 100% natural, 100% natural perfume, african, aloeswood, amber, american made, ancient, apothecary, aromatherapy, artisan, artisan fragrance, artisan perfume, balsam, black No1, By Popular Demand, cedar, coco blanc, copal, Devotion, devotional, eagleswood, eaglewood, egypt, energy, enhance meditation, essential oils, exotic, fifth sense, fine fragrance, finefragrance, fragrance, frankincense, handmade, house of matriarch, incense, indie brand, lignaloes, luxury fragrance, magic, myrrh, mystic, mystical, natural essences, natural perfume, nature is the ultimate luxury, niche fragrance, oud, Pacific Northwest, palo santo, perfume house, pinon pine, raw materials, ritual, sacred, Salish Sea, sandal, sandalwood, sandalwood perfumes, Seattle fragrance brand, spiritual, travel, vanilla, washington, west coast
Posted on September 19, 2016 by Matriarch Blog
House of Matriarch's latest fragrance release Kazimi has drawn applause from fragrance critics and connoisseurs. With seven varieties of natural rose from around the world, nothing else can compare.
Posted in 100% natural perfume, 2016 rose perfume, american made, artisan, artisan fragrance, artisan perfume, artisan perfumes, beauty will save the world, Best Artisan Perfumer of 2015, cafleurebon Best of Scent, christi meshell, fragrance, fragrance creation, fragrance design, house of matriarch, in the heart, kazimi, love, masculine rose, mens fragrance, mens rose perfume, natural, natural essences, natural fragrances, natural perfume, natural rose perfume, new perfume, OUD, rose, Seattle, seattle fragrance, top artisan perfumes, top perfumes, top perfumes 2016, ultimate luxury
Posted on September 01, 2016 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in #vanilla, 100% natural perfume, 2016, 2016 rose perfume, american made, aromatherapy, Art and Perfume, best fall fragrances, best perfumes, best winter fragrances, christi meshell, conceptual fragrance, discover, Enchanted forest, fabulous fragrances, feel good perfumes, fifth sense, fragrance, gender neutral, gourmand perfumes, house of matriarch, indie, indie beauty brand, indie brands, indie perfume, indie perfumer, indie perfumes, juju, leather, luxury, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, luxury perfumes, made in Seattle, made in USA, magic, mood, mood boards, natural essences, natural fragrances, natural perfume, natural perfumes, natural vanilla, new perfumes, NICHE, niche fragrance, niche perfume, organic, perfume, perfume house, ritual, spiritual, top perfumes 2016, unisex, Unisex Fragrance, Unisex Perfume, vegan, vegan perfumes, We Believe in Magic
Posted on June 24, 2016 by Matriarch Blog
Posted in 2016, albatross, american made, anisia, anisiabeauty, arrtisan, balkan, beauty, black No1, christi meshell, cocoblanc, Devotion, evaluation, fine fragrance, forbidden, fragrance, house of matriarch, lithuania, luxury, luxury fragrance, luxury perfume, magic, meaningful luxury, Mother's Day, natural, natural essences, natural fragrances, natural perfume, natural perfumes, nature, nature is the ultimate luxury, new colognes for men, new luxury brand, new natural perfumes, new perfumes, niche, niche fragrance, nose, orca, perfume, perfume critic, review, russian, Samples, scent, Sex Magic, sniff, trillium, vegan, vlog
COPYRIGHT 2008-2018 Christi Meshell. All rights Reserved by Christi Meshell and Matriarch, LLC. House of Matriarch is a Registered Trademark owned by Christi Meshell.